Thursday, August 25, 2011

Dressage day is complete at the Richland CIC***


The scoreboard today does not reflect the progress made today. I spent the last half hour watching my video from today.

Running Order was much improved in many ways. His halts are becoming consistently square and well balanced and in general the test flowed very well. The biggest improvement was in the consistency of the connection. He was more confident and steady than he's been before. I was thrilled that I was able to keep him from stiffening in the corners coming out to the shoulder in's. We did have one inadvertent change, surprisingly right to left. Otherwise the test could have had a lot more energy, but it's definitely a step in the right direction.

Jennie Brannigan and I were able to walk to xc with the course designer Ian Stark. It was great to hear his perspective. I like the course in that it will reward a forward ride, one I intend to execute.

Tomorrow will be a quiet day, we'll have a light flat school. Aside from riding we'll walk the course again and hopefully I'll get close to finishing the editing process of my book due to the publishers on the 1st.

-D

Doug Payne
PO Box 179
Pottersville, NJ 07979
908.399.9112
DPEquestrian.com

No comments:

Post a Comment